Mosaics







I love doing mosaics. This frame is done with broken china pieces. The opening has broken mirror tiles in it. It is hard to tell because the scan does not show it off very well.








These are just a few of the mosaic pieces I have left. I used to do mosaics on vintage furniture like vanities and armoires. I sold some and gave some away. I have some clay pots and of course I have my biggest masterpiece, my fireplace. I did it in broken china, tile & nik naks. I wish I could take a good picture of it but the photos I have do not give it justice. I thought these two mosaic pieces would be a nice submission for the glass challenge. I know it is not glass but china and mirror are close.

6 comments:

  1. Very pretty. I love mosaics but have never tried my hand at it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats great - I'd love to give a mosaic a go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mirror counts, its glass. Besides both glass and china break (an important component for mosaics) so their like cousins or something. It's all in the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. those are both lovely... i have always wanted to do a table top in mosaic... of course the only thing that is holding me back... is i am a writer not an artist.......

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like them :)

    I save all the pottery, dishes, whatever that I break. I'm going to do something with them....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mosaics are very beautiful! Thanks for commenting about my 'paper doll' ;)

    ReplyDelete