Our Deepest Fear

No pictures today. I am so behind. I had a busy weekend I went to Warrenton. The biggest flea market in Texas. It happens twice a year. In spring and fall. I had a wonderful time and took some great photos. I'll post some tomorrow. We are down to one car this week. I wont get into it. I'm having to drive my hubby downtown to work and then pick him up. Traffic from my side of town to downtown S.A. is terrible. No wonder my hubby has high blood pressure. But anyway I was reading Paulette Insall's blog and she posted this poem. I absolutely love it and had to copy it for my own blog. I know that to fail is so much easier than to succeed. I am guilty of that more times than I want to admit. I'm trying to break through my own creative blocks and free myself of the inner crititic so when I read this I felt so moved. I really needed this today.

Our Deepest Fear
by
Marianne Williamson

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.
Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
It is our light, not our darkness
That most frightens us.

We ask ourselves
Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?
Actually, who are you not to be?
You are a child of God.

Your playing small
Does not serve the world.
There's nothing enlightened about shrinking
So that other people won't feel insecure around you.

We are all meant to shine,
As children do.
We were born to make manifest
The glory of God that is within us.

It's not just in some of us;
It's in everyone.

And as we let our own light shine,
We unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.
As we're liberated from our own fear,
Our presence automatically liberates others.

No comments:

Post a Comment