In Memory Of

Cecilia Ann Pish Zissa
My dear sweet mom passed away Sunday night September 26 2010. The funeral services have come and gone and I am now alone with my thoughts. It has not been easy. I love her and miss her. Here is a poem which was in the memorial register which I found comforting.

To Those I love & Leave Behind

When I am gone, release me, let me go.
I have so many things to see and do.
You must not tie yourself to me with tears.
Be happy that we had so many years.

I gave you my love.
You can only guess how much you gave me in happiness.
But now it's time I traveled on alone.
So grieve a while for me if grieve you must.
Then let your grief be comforted by trust.

It's only for a while that we must part,
so bless the memories within your heart.
I won't be far away, and life goes on,
so if you need me, call and I will come.

Though you can't see or touch me.
I'll be near and if you listen with your heart,
You'll hear all of my love around you soft and clear.
And then when you must come this way alone,
I'll greet  you with a smile and say,
"welcome home."

Therese Marie Horn

11 comments:

  1. Oh Charlie I am so sorry!
    My prayers are with your family
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie...I am thinking about you today and hoping that your family and friends are there to help you along in this trying time.

    (((BIG BUNNY HUGG))))

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is with you my friend. The angels surround your mother and her love will be with your always. Sending you hugs, love and prayers. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie, I am so sorry you have lost your mom. As the beautiful poem says, you will meet again when the time is right. And of course her love will be with you always.

    You've been in my thoughts this week; I hope you can find some comfort in family and friends.

    Hugs!!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry, Charlie.
    I can see the love and compassion glowing from your Mom...Wow, that's got to be one of the hardest things...
    I will be thinking of you. aand wishing you peace.
    X0X

    ReplyDelete
  6. My thoughts are with you Charlie. That is indeed a wonderful poem and I'm glad it brings you comfort together with that beautiful photo you shared.
    Take care and keep looking after yourself. Know that we're thinking about and praying for you.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Charlie, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope each day allows your heart to heal more, yet keep your memories close. It took a long time when I lost my mom. I know how you must feel. ((hugs)) All my best, Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Charlie,
    My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family during this difficult time. The poem is so lovely as was your Mom.

    Love you,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. pray for you & your family, you will be O.K.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, sweetie! So sorry. You can tell your Mom is a beautiful person inside and out and I know you will miss her until you get to see her again. Many hugs for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Charlie, I am very sorry for your loss. I love the poem that brought you comfort. Your mother looked so kind and happy in that photo. How sweet her smile is.
    Many bright and happy wishes are being sent your way. I will be praying for you and your family.
    Hugs to you,
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete