Change

La Celestial

I started her before the trip to Rome. I'm so very happy that when I got back I was able to pick up where I left off and finish her. She is my mother earth but more. She is everything girly that I love including all my favorites: a pink dress, flowers, butterflies,stars and a halo of flowers. To give her hair texture I used embroidery thread. That was fun doing and I think it really turned out well. This photo does not do the painting justice. There are so many layers and textures you can not see in this photo and the color is much more vibrant.

I will continue blogging about my trip to Rome here soon. 

I'm  trying to figure out what I want to do with my art. What direction to go?  Before the trip I was so scattered with my thoughts and lost a lot of my creativity. I know it had a lot to do with the trip. I was just too excited about going. I have let my Etsy store go to the wayside. I'm tired of the things I have in there, so I'm letting everything expire and then I guess I'll  have to do a makeover. In the mean time I have joined a new art web site that sells your photos for you and gives choices of prints, canvases or framed prints. It is called imagekind. I have always loved taking pictures and I feel I have a pretty good eye. I have tons of photos that I have taken in the past which are beautiful and are begging to be shared. I've wanted to sell them on Etsy but could not come up with a feasible way to offer them to the public. This site does it for you. I don't have to run across town to get giclee prints made, pay for them and then hope they sell on Etsy. Also I ran into the same problem with making giclee prints of my art. This is something I'm working on now. I still have to make a great photo of the art. I think a new camera might be in the near future. Next problem is Etsy. I really don't want to shut it down. I'm thinking and pondering and pondering and wondering. Hummmm? What to do ??? What to do? Change in in order.

3 comments:

  1. I love your new creation Charlie!

    I feel the same way about Etsy. It's almost getting over-saturated and I can't decide what to do with mine either. *shrug*

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's beautiful! All of the beauty you saw in Rome is bound to be a great influence on your art.

    I am thinking along the same lines of wondering what to do next. Etsy is a big question mark. It just hasn't been living up to my expectations. But I hate to ditch it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yes, i understand your dilemma about what to do - been at that cross roads many times before. sometimes one has to stand back and focus on something else for awhile and then come back to the questions - or try and ask yourself more questions - sounds weird but it does work. Good luck with yours decisions.

    ReplyDelete