Flea Market



One of my favorite excursions while in Rome was going to the flee market Sunday morning in the neighborhood of Trastevere. What a charming place to visit and so unlike the rest of Rome.  More and more tourist are making the trek across the river. I guess you can't keep a good thing secret for very long.

 A beautiful must see church, one of the oldest in Rome called "Santa Maria In Trastevere" is there. 

"Santa Maria In Trastevere"
This picture is not that great. You can't see the intricate detail. It's all mosaics. Unbelievable! This is par for Roman Catholic Churches. 


After the flea market we walked around and found this lovely piazza with these musicians playing. 
We drank blood red orange juice and ate snacks. Yummmmm! 


I have so many pictures that I can't possibly show them all or talk about them all. I tried to put them together on a digital stick and they would not fit. I guess I'll have to buy a bigger flash drive. It's always something. This concludes the first week of my trip. I still have a week to go mostly Cinque Terre. That place was gorgeous. Oh my gosh....I already want to go back. So romantic!

1 comment:

  1. I love that you took "too many" photos to fit on the stick!!! :) And these ones are great!! I remember that Church...so beautiful. But there was no flea market back then (that I knew of -- but at 16, would I have been aware? Not likely!). Did you buy anything???

    ReplyDelete