Here are more bottles using the Krylon Looking Glass Mirror Like Paint. This time with a can bought at Hobby Lobby not from the clearance section at Michaels. And all I have to say is OMG! What a difference! It sprayed like a dream. No clogging! My previous post was about my first attempt using this product but with a defective can of paint. I did not know this at the time. That's what I get for using something from the clearance section. :(
This time I had to distress them by using a mixture of 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water. I did not have to do this before because the paint came out all distressed to begin with. I used the Stayzon ink like before and really like the effect. So happy with the results I want to spray everything.
Today I'm doing a fun Halloween craft. I love to decorate for Halloween. I'm so excited this year and can't wait to have a party. I've been on pinterest looking for ideas and this tutorial was perfect.
~~~The Faux Mercury Glass Look~~~
Start by saving bottles of all sizes. I only have wine bottles at this time. lol!
I'm using a product by Krylon called "Looking Glass Mirror like Paint" to get a tarnished mercury glass look.
I have to say I'm a little mixed about this product. The product needs to improve. I'm not sure if I can totally recommend it.
I was told to get it at Michaels. The first Michaels I went to was out and they said it was discontinued.
I went to another Michaels and found the last one in the clearance section. I got the can for $1.87.
I'm glad I did not pay more for it. ( At Hobby Lobby they run for $11.00)
It was not easy to work. The nozzle kept clogging up! I had to clean it after spraying for only a few seconds each time. The instructions say to spray multiple layers. I guess because it's very runny. I had to constantly turn the bottle as I sprayed so it would not run off.
On the neck top part of the bottle the product would not stick at all so it was left clear. Needless to say I was not impressed. And there is paint in the can that I can not get out.
With all this said and at the end of the day, I felt not all was lost. They really did not look bad and I started to like them more and more. That was when I had a brain storm and decided to use "StazOn Ink in the Timber Brown" to add another dimension and cover where this paint missed.
So I think they turned out really good.
You can see in this picture where I rubbed the ink pad. I dabbed the neck area and rolled the bottom of the bottle on the pad itself.
On pinterest I found this great site for these wonderful witches potions labels.