In Memory of....

Tangi

I am so depressed. My sweet kitty got hit by a car last Friday morning. I got her as a kitten in January of this year. She was not quite a year old, but she touched my heart in so many ways. I miss her so much. I can't believe I'm still mourning the loss a week later.
We put flyers out around the neighborhood early Saturday morning and someone called a few hours later to say they saw a cat that looked very much like her on the side of this busy street.  The city or some good soul must have picked up her body because she was not there when we went to look.
I'm not sure how long it will take me to get out of this funk. I can hardly go outside without looking for her or thinking she is going to run past me like white greased lightning like she used to do.
It's been unbelievably hard.
:(

8 comments:

  1. Aw, it breaks my heart to read this. I am so sorry Charlie. It's so tough on you. I am sending you hugs but I know that nothing can help the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I know that I am very attached to my cat and I worry because he likes to go out at night. In time, the pain will lighten and the memories become fonder, but until then I wish you comfort.

    Take Care, Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm am so sorry for your pain, our animals really touch us in ways no one else can. I agree with the above that nothing can make it better, but at least know that we feel for you and are sending many healing hugs
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie, I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet kitty. I've felt the pain of losing a much loved cat, even reading your post makes me feel it all over again. So I know how hard it is to get to feeling better. I'm sending hugs and healing thoughts and hope they help a little.
    Maggie
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry for your loss,Tangi will be took care by our Father in Heaven, hope you will be O.K.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so very sorry for your loss. Here's the only thing that's helped me deal with my grief after losing a pet: http://rainbowsbridge.com/Poem.htm

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Charlie, I am so sorry. I too love cats as they comfort me in so many ways. Tangi knows how much you love her...smooches~

    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  8. My heart hurts for you Charlie...gone but not forgotten ♥

    ReplyDelete