No More Salt

A home with a view.

Where do I start? We have found our new home. We purchased it and moved in. This is the view from the back deck. It is awesome! Sometimes I have to pinch myself. We are unpacking. It will take me forever, but I don't care. 
Now let me back up. This journey has not been easy. The road ahead will be even harder but I know God will take care of us. Everything will be ok. 
The very same day we closed on our new home my dear sweet man, my husband, the love of my life found out his cancer returned. YuK! I was so scared and shocked. Why right now? We thought we got it all two and half years ago! But it is back in a lymph node in his groin. We scheduled the surgery and tried to move forward after all we just bought a house. We had so many things to do. Everyone rallied and helped us move. Family and friends came together. 
WAIT....it gets worse! Three days after the move Jerry had a heart attack. I gave him an aspirin and rushed him to the ER. It took them all afternoon to figure out he indeed was having a heart attack. Poor guy. He was complaining of chest pains and indigestion but the pains were not that bad. By the end of the day he had two stints put in. It was a mild one but STILL! He will have to change his ways. He will have to start eating better. I will be in control of that. They said this was a blessing in disguise. I have to believe it. Now the surgery for the cancer will be put off for a month because of the blood thinners. Drs are better prepared for it because they now know he has a bad heart. Which will change how they do the cancer surgery. I guess it's a good thing. He could have died while during the cancer surgery of a heart attack and they would not have understood it.  OK... I believe everything happens for a reason. The power of prayer has worked. Now all we have to do is get rid of the cancer. 


5 comments:

  1. Charlie..you and Jerry have had a rough ride...and you are in my heart and in my prayers. I'm so grateful to hear that you were there and knew what to do when Jerry was having his heart attack. It could have been so much worse and as you said, it was a blessing in disguise.

    As for the return of the cancer...damn stupid cancer. I hate damn stupid cancer. But my prayers are with you on this for sure and that it has been caught early.

    We never know what will happen do we. You were thinking the cancer was all taken 2 1/2 years ago and now you have this new plan laid out for yourselves and were moving forward. It doesn't mean you will stop moving forward...it's a reminder that the day we have is the one and if we have dreams or desires...no matter what our lives are "at this moment" -- we need to be sure that we are present fully each and every one.

    Sending good thoughts and many prayers to you both. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie,

    I don't know what to say... Your right, perhaps the heart attack was for a rational reason, but that's a pretty scary wake up call. I will be sending Prayers and good Karma your way and maybe that view you have outside is a bigger reminder that life has it's own plan for us

    love ya,
    bun

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Charlie, you have such extreme good news and bad news. I'm so happy you love your new home, but my heart goes out to you and your husband. The heart attack may seem like disaster on top of disaster, but forewarned is forearmed. The doctors now have a clear picture of his coronary health, and maybe it will cause a better outcome for his surgery. Changing his lifestyle and diet will give him a healthier heart. I'll be pulling for a successful surgery! Think good thoughts!

    ps That view is spectacular!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your beautiful message :D Lovely to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete