Stay Positive


The past few days have been off for me. I'm feeling off. I think I'm fighting an eclipse or a block coming on. I'm trying to stay positive. All I can manage to do is sketch. So here they are. I'm trying to work in my journals, but I feel like I'm treading water. I started a painting over a week ago and it is just sitting there. I keep looking at it . I know what to do. I just can't make myself work on it. I'm anxious and antsy like I'm forcing things. I can not decide the next course of action. I'm not sure if I should work on more jewelry. My heart is not into jewelry but that is what sells. Must be the winter blues.

4 comments:

  1. Might be the winter blues -- goodness knows it's been that kind of winter...but if may just be that you are needing time out...remember what it was like when we were little kids and we went full tilt with this, that and something else? And then we got cranky and needed a nap or a time out? We're not different as adults, except we think we can take on more and more and more. So listen to your body Charlie -- your brain and your body are one in this -- you just need to not think about what you "think" you want to do and just do what pleases you (like these beautiful sketches). Take a pause to do something other than art...allow your other senses some time to play and see where you are in a few days...forcing anything means it's unnatural...♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Must be going around. But your work is fabulous... block? What block? Seriously, just keep on keeping on but remember to listen to yourself, too. It's okay to have a timeout.
    Gosh, the colours you choose are so lush and luminous. What joy your visuals bring others.
    Take care.
    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two. Hearing from you means a lot. I know the drills to get out of this funk...and I'm getting there. Finding the source is most of the battle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lordy! It must be catchy. I'm playing with those darned Visual Journal pages and not getting terribly excited. For me, I think it's because I want to do something different for me but haven't figured out what yet. We will get past this. Your sketches are beautiful as always.

    ReplyDelete