New Art


This painting is about the beauty queen in all of us. What girl has not dreamed of being Miss America or a model or actress, cheerleader, ballerina etc. and did nothing about it? This one is for all girls who did not believe in themselves or their dreams.


I had another crazy day yesterday with this new lap top. I finished this painting and wanted to scan it in. I thought my husband had installed what was needed for the printer to work. But nooooo! I had to call technical support to install drivers because my 3 year old printer is obsolete. Yes it's no longer supported, same problem as my camera. We bought such advanced computer nothing we have works with it. The guy at tech support literally took over my computer online somehow. I had to give him permission to do this. It was crazy watching the cursor move around with out me doing the task. My husband says this happens all the time with his work computer. I am not in the work force so this is something new to me. This whole ordeal has been so frustrating it is comical....My hubby and I laughed until we cried last night as I was explaining to him what happened. I dropped my mouse and broke it right before I called tech support. The ball fell out and would not stay in the socket. I could not get anything to work. The man who helped me .....heaven help him ....must have the patience of a saint. If my conversation was recorded during this session I'm sure they (tech support at HP) had a really good laugh. Sooo, this morning I went out and bought another mouse.....YAY! I hope this is it. I can't think of anything else that is needed to get my new computer working but I'm sure I am missing something.

5 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous work she is. A true beauty! The crown is fantastic!
    Well, I did not dream of being Miss America. I dreamed and still do of being a working writer and artist. I dream(ed) of the Pulitzer or the Nobel. lol... c'est la vie, mon amie. Even a Pushcart will do.
    Keep up the good work and don't worry over those technoterror setbacks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always amazed at what IT tech people can do behind the scenes on a computer...and you made me laugh. I've thought that many times when I've had someone help me this way -- they are so patient as I fumble around but I'm even more pleased that we can get it done this way!! Hope this is the last of your woes with your new computer.

    Love this piece Charlie -- true, true...there is a Queen in all of us and we must believe in our dreams...always!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Charlie...you are so cute! This post made me laugh because I could see myself doing this :)

    I LOVE LOVE LOVE this new painting. It is TOTALLY my favorite.

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Almost fell out of my seat. Hope you got a ball less mouse. ;-)

    We use remote tools at my office but everyone is used to it now so those of us in IT can't freak them out anymore.

    Beautiful painting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I got a ball less mouse and wireless to boot. Yay! I still have to worry about dropping it. I think my new computer is totally set up..crossing my fingers.

    ReplyDelete