Vegas And Back

Here is what I've been working on.

I'm finally able to settle down and blog again. I've been to Las Vegas and back. We had a blast. My husband won a jackpot on the slots. He hates the slots. Go figure!. I again love the slots and won nothing, nada, nilch, very depressing. I was so excited when he won, I could hardly stand it. He just sat there looking at me and said "this changes nothing I still do not like slots." lol! He is such a brat! Oh well. I'm home and refreshed and ready to get back to my art. I have a show this Sunday at a small market in a shopping center. I think it will be fun. I'm sharing space with another girl. I'll be bringing my jewelry and totes. This week I'm cranking out the pendants and trying something new. As you can see in the photo I'm going to solder a shell. This one is from the batch of shells my son found on his last trip to the coast. I really like the ones with the wings. I'm going to have to find out what they are officially called. I know they are not "angel wing" shells like I like to call them. lol!  I usually give made up names to things when I don't know what the real names are. This gets me in trouble because most people have no clue what I'm talking about.
I decided to make memory glass pendants from my ladies I painted last year......Frida and The Girl with the Pearl earring. This is something I've been contemplating for a while, I just never wanted to do it. Why I don't know. I love it when ideas come to me and I just go with the flow. Sometimes I censor myself too much, so it's nice when I just do it.
On another note I know I said I was going to blog about my back porch.....well that is a sore subject with me. I have done nothing YET! My furniture is still out in the YARD, not protected from the RAIN. The carpenters and painters took so long to finish the job. They actually came to our house to finish up while we were on our trip. It rained so hard while we were gone, leaving oak pollen stains everywhere.  Now I'm going to have to clean my porch again before I can stain it. It will have to wait until after Sunday. Weather permitting I will be working on my porch next week. As always one thing leads to another..... now I want to paint my furniture too. Will it ever end?????
Charlie

4 comments:

  1. Charlie...I absolutely love the Frieda charm..quite fitting since she was a charmer herself...with a mustache...lol Perhaps the weather was a sign to hold off on the porch...at least that's how I see it. Glad you had a great time in Vegas..I lived vicariously through you little pics. Have a wonderful rest of your week.

    tootles,
    bunny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to your hubby on winning the jackpot! How exciting!

    I love your charm pendants! Good luck with the show! You have so much going on ~ how will you have time to do your porch and furniture??

    ReplyDelete
  3. These charm pendants are WONDERFUL- and I can't wait to see the shell finished, what a great idea!
    I agree with Maggie, how are you going to get it all done? I have a show starting this Friday and I have had time to do nothing but work on it-no cleaning much less projects, I have chicken in the fridge that I'd planned on cooking Tues, now it has to go in the freezer.........I BOW to you, my friend!
    Good luck with your show, I know everything you have will be a big hit, especially the totes and the charms and, well, everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pendants! The girl with the pearl earring is something I always wanted to try...
    I know what you mean, as soon as you brighten up one part of the house, you see some other project that NEEDS done...I thought it was just me :)
    Have a fantastic time at your show!
    xox

    ReplyDelete