Snow Princess

Snow Princess
I did this mixed media painting for a friend of mine's daughter for Christmas. Actually the daughter asked me if I would paint a pretty girl picture for her. THis is the first time anyone asked me to do a painting for them. I guess it takes a child to ask. I was thrilled and a little nervous. As it is, I was needing some inspiration for the challenge at IA. This is a snow princess want to be just like the little girl I did this for. She is at that awkward stage right now, not quite a teenager but too old to be a little girl. She needs to believe in herself and one day she will be whatever she wants to be. 
I'm not quite finished, but anyway this is my submission for the Inspiration Avenue theme Believe.
Check out some of the other entries here!

10 comments:

  1. Oh Charlie, she is gorgeous!!!! She will love her I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is B-E-A-YOO-tiful Charlie! I hope you get to see her face when she opens it.

    PS: I am having giver's remorse with those mirror earrings! Sooo pretty...maybe in the dead of winter, when you're bored, you can make me a pair of my own :)
    XoX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful- what a perfect gift, especially for such an awkward age. She will LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Charlie! She is gorgeous! You should play around in this media more often and list some in your shop! they'd be sure to sell. I absolutely love the whole painting and I know she will be thrilled, also. Sounds like you know her well and that special part of her worked itself right into your painting.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful. All the texture in her dress and crown and such a pretty face. Really love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Charlie..wow!!..she is a dazzling beauty..and what a wonderful spirit and soul she has!very inspiring and magical...and this is such a beautiful gift to create for aonther! Shine on!
    Victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely an appropriate submission for "Believe" - good job for believing in yourself; SHE IS beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy New Year dear Charlie!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I love the color combination.

    ReplyDelete