My Summer so far





I can't believe how long it's been since I've posted something here. I guess my summer has been busier than I thought. We did not have a vacation planned for this summer but we did manage to take a few day trips and a couple of overnight trips. 
One overnight trip was to our capital city Austin to see the capitol. It's been years since we visited.



It's such a lovely building and I love downtown Austin. 
We also did a little bit of antiquing. Austin has a few weird places to visit. You know the saying "Keep Austin Weird".


Uncommon Objects is a fun, fun antique store on South Congress. All of South Congress is neat. There are a butt load of vintage clothing stores there too. Now I know where to go if I need a Mad Men style 60's dress. I wish I had a reason to buy one. Maybe for Halloween??? I'll be back Austin.

We also went to a few winery's and visited Wimberley Texas. I did not take any pictures of either place, but here is a fat cat that lives at one of winery's. Isn't she sweet?? I sure miss my cat. 

Mamma Kitty


My niece had her wedding reception this weekend near Houston. What a great time for all of us!
I danced my little patootie off. 
This is a video of one of the line dances. 
"Copperhead Road"




I love our family weddings: dinner...dancing all night long and of course lots of drinking. It's what I call a good ole Texas Czech wedding. We evan did our bohemian grand march at the beginning. 
Sorry it's so dark and small but the video was shot with my I phone. Oh well...I think you get the idea.
Hope your summer is going well.
Have fun!
C



2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have been enjoying a wonderful summer...and I loved the video. From what I could see it looks like you start 'em young down there on their line dancing!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you have had a wonderful summer!

    Bring on the fall! I'm ready!

    Love,
    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete