Pretty Background & Vintage Shakers


Hello all. It's been a long time since I've been here. I think the dog days of summer are getting to me. It's so hot here. I don't feel like doing much in this heat. We just got back from the coast and I already want to go back. It's so much cooler on the beach. Oh well.
I have been busy though. I did this background about a month ago and can not decide what to do with it.
I'm also working on a series of girl portrait paintings....two down and one more to go.

I've been digging through my boxes in the garage,{ through the stuff left over from my antique business days}, to see if there is anything else I want to sell in my Etsy shop. It's getting down to the nitty gritty. Some of the items left I'm having a hard time letting go.
I just listed a vintage collection of ceramic lids in my shop. I had them hanging in my kitchen in my old house. I originally bought them for my mosaics. I always thought I would get back into mosaic but don't think so at this point.  I'm having too much fun with mixed media art.

I love the colors in the art pictured above. I found the canvas at a thrift store for $3.00 bucks... and decided to paint over it. I'm sure this is not anything new to some people but I thought I was being clever. Canvases are sooooo expensive!
So now I have a new favorite thing to look for at thrift stores along with vintage salt n pepper shakers.

I got this great idea from pinterest.
Store your glitter in vintage clear glass salt n pepper shakers.


Are they not the cutest??!! I love them. I found all of these in thrift stores expect for the two in the back. They were mine that I never used any more.

Wish me luck surviving this hot Texas heat. We have been in triple digit heat for about a week now. That dam H has decided to sit on top of us again. I hate that H.
I hope we get some rain or a hurricane..anything to push that H off .
Until next time.
Hugs,
C.



No comments:

Post a Comment