Big Bend National Park Texas

As you might know, (because I wrote about it here), I had breast cancer. I say had because I've been good for 2 years. I hate those words breast cancer! Nothing is more devastating then hearing you have it. I am lucky. They found it early and I did not have to go through chemo, but I did have the lumpectomy and rounds and rounds of  radiation. Now for five years I'm on a drug called Tamoxifen. The side effects suck but at least I didn't have to go through chemo. Now I just live in fear of it coming back.
So I'm kinda of weird now. I mean it changed me. I don't think anyone can be diagnosed with cancer and not have it change you. One thing that has changed for me is I don't do anything I don't want to do. I let things go and stuff just does not need to be perfect...... I think that's a good thing.

I'm also doing more of what I want to do. I'm not saying that my life before I didn't get to do what  I wanted, because that's not true. I had and have a wonderful life.

Moving on, my point is this blog might go through some changes as well.

I want to share my photos of our trip to Big Bend National Park that we visited last October.
The old me would think that it's too late to share something that happened 3 months ago.
But who cares when we went.











Going to a national park like Big Bend was not on my bucket list.  I always wanted to visit the place. I just did not think it was possible to go there. It's a long drive and not on the way to anything. But we made it happen and I'm so happy I got to go.  It's a beautiful place and completely secluded.





No comments:

Post a Comment