Heat Advisory

This is the lot behind my house. The grass is dead because we are in an extreme drought. The grass usually looks this way in August, but this is June! We have had 8 days of 100 degrees and over. It is supposed to be a little cooler today. 101 instead of 103. We are in stage 2 water restrictions about to go to stage 3.
It's just too darn hot! Even still I love the summer. I don't care that I can fry an egg on the sidewalk. I love the feel of the sun on my skin. I know I have to be careful especially in this heat . I already have my summer tan and it's only from the time I spent watering my flowers...what's left of them.... Poor things!.
I got up at 3:00 a.m. yesterday to start my soaker hoses for the back yard. My front yard has a sprinkler system. I sure wish we would have invested in one for the backyard now. It's three times the size of the front. If I had one there..... I would not have to get up at 3:00 a.m!!!!
We are only allowed to water from 3:oo -8:00 a.m. on our designated watering day and then from 8:00-10:00 p.m.
Today we are in another heat advisory and air quality alert day. In other words stay inside and take a lot of showers.
Have a good summer y'all!
Your friend from way down south.
Charlie

P.S.
I liked Michael when he was with the Jackson Five!

2 comments:

  1. Happy times, listening to the J5!!! I loved them too...such a sad time...we lose part of our childhood when people we "knew" as such are no longer with us. To lose both MJ and Farrah on the same day -- a hard hit for all.

    As for you and the heat...that's horrible!! I think it's hot here but it's nothing compared to what's happening in your part of the world. Stay cool as you can!!! I think Mother Nature needs some hormone replacement therapy -- she's gone rather crazy this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel for you. We had to deal with a drought last year. Even had scares that there wouldn't be enough drinking water,

    ReplyDelete